Following the recent announcement of Reverse Crawl for Nintendo Switch, indie publisher Digerati and one-man developer Nerdook (Monster Slayers, Vertical Drop Heroes) are pleased to now be able to confirm that the turn-based strategy RPG is also coming to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PS4 version will be available to download from 7/8 May (NA/EU respectively), and 10 May on Xbox One.
Reverse Crawl inverts the classic dungeon crawling premise, putting players in the claws and armored boots of monsters, undead, and other fantasy enemies in a quest to defeat heroic warriors and their Red Queen. Since its release on PC, Reverse Crawl has earned praise for simple yet nuanced strategy mechanics and unique premise:
HonestGamers: “There’s a real depth of choice that encourages multiple replays, especially when some of these decisions start affecting the game’s ending. But there’s also a tactical depth that I’m not sure I expected”
IndieGamesPlus: “Reverse Crawl is lighthearted and accessible enough to be appealing to folks who aren’t necessarily into tactical RPGs… a refreshing take on the genre”
IndieGameReviewer: “…for what it is – a light tactics game that’s easy to pick up and heavy on the charm – Reverse Crawl excels”
You’re dead already! But such a trifling inconvenience isn’t going to stop you – the Revenant King – from reclaiming your throne. Reverse Crawl is a fast-paced turn-based strategy RPG that lets you lead mobs of monster minions and back-from-the-grave goons into battle against the elite armies of the dastardly Red Queen.
- Vanquish foes using a deceptively deep tactical turn-based combat system
- Assemble an army of dark dungeon dwellers, including skeletons, zombies, goblins and more
- A dynamic campaign that’s different each time, complete with a branching storyline
- Battle your way through Campaign and Endless modes
- Unlock new minions, traits and powers as you play
- Created by one-man indie machine, Nerdook (Monster Slayers, Vertical Drop Heroes)