Gamescom 2020 officially starts on 27 August 2020! The gaming conference will last until 30 August, where the community will be discussing the latest gaming news and hearing the top updates from developers. There are a number of Brazil Game Studios looking to participate in this experience.
Part of the event is the Devcom Digital Conference 2020, which begins tomorrow 17 August 2020 and runs through to the end of August. The main focus is on software development and B2B technology. It doesn’t just look at games, but other software programs too.
We’ve received news that several Brazil Game Studios will be taking part in the Devcom Digital Conference in Gamescom 2020. There is a keen rise in gaming development taking part in the country, which is why they want to showcase it at this event. At the moment, the number of Brazil Game Studios taking part stands at 32.
Here is the official press release from Brazil Games.
GamesCom 2020 Brazil Games Studios Press Release
32 of Brazil Games’ Best Indie Studios are Bringing the Heat to Devcom Digital 2020 at Gamescom 2020.
Meet With Some of Brazil’s Most Innovative Indie Studios as They Descend on the Devcom Digital Conference at Gamescom 2020.
Brazil Games is thrilled to announce that 32 Brazilian game studios, including Hermit Crab Game Studio and Rockgames, will be part of a delegation attending Devcom Digital 2020 at Gamescom 2020. Taking place from August 17 to 30, 2020, these incredibly talented Brazilian studios will present their latest creations, innovations, and upcoming games, as well as engage in business development, form partnerships, and come together to do what they do best — bring quality video games to the market.
In partnership with the Brazilian Trade and Investment Promotion Agency (Apex-Brasil), the group is led by Brazil Games (the Brazilian Games Export Program) — carried out by the Brazilian Games Companies Association and Abragames.
“As one of the fastest-growing game development scenes on the planet, we’re excited to show some of the amazing work from our growing stable of Indie Developers,” said Eliana Russi, Manager of Brazil Games. “Whether it’s simply getting the games into the hands of players or creating future partnerships, our studios can’t wait to hit the digital-floor at Devcom 2020.”
“Brazil has a substantial amount of incredibly talented Indie studios, and Devcom Digital is the perfect environment to get their names and faces out there in the industry,” continued Russi. “We truly believe in homegrown talent and want to show the world what we’ve all known for years — Brazil is a hotbed of extremely accomplished and gifted game creators.”
Brazil Game Studios To Look Forward To At GamesCom 2020
In addition, this year three Brazilian studios —out of 60 total — were selected to participate in the prestigious DevCom NRW GREEN Virtual Indie Expo 2020 at Gamescom 2020: Duaik, Fira Soft, and INSANE.
- Duaik is an independent game developer located in Sao Paulo, Brazil, founded in 2014 after joining Microsoft’s ID@Xbox program and receiving the title of “Inaugural Brazilian Developer” on Xbox One in 2015 from Xbox’s Phil Spencer himself. Duaik’s first title, Aritana and the Harpy’s Feather, won multiple awards including Best Game at SBGames 2014, People’s Choice at BIG 2014, Brazilian Game of the Year at TGA 2014, and many more. During Decom Digital 2020 at Gamescom 2020, the team will exhibit its sequel, Aritana and the Twin Mask.
- Fira Soft is a studio that focuses on working with brands to create “advergames” and educational titles that connect clients and brands with a whole new demographic and player base. Founded in 2011, Fira Soft’s upcoming title Kriophobia promises a return to survival horror and follows a geologist named Anna who finds herself trapped on the sinister Zhokhov Island.
- INSANE was a studio founded with one goal in mind: to bring the visually distinct, truly open-world sandbox MMORPG Profane to players everywhere. With a team of 25 industry professionals, INSANE is always looking for consultants, collaborators, and new tips and technologies.
Several studios will have featured booths this year at Gamescom 2020, with Duaik, INSANE, and Fira Soft exhibiting their work in the DevCom NRW GREEN Virtual Indie Expo 2020 booth, with Rockgames, Ludact, and Kokku hosting booths of their own. Brazil Games will also have a digital booth in the Country Pavillion, and registered attendees can book meetings with the Executive Team through the Devcom Meet-to-Match tool at Gamescom 2020.
External Development Teams
In addition, several studios involved in external development, who bring their skills and expertise to outside clients in order to help them reach their goals and launch their games in a polished and complete package, will join the Devcom 2020 delegation at Gamescom 2020. These studios can handle just about any aspect of game development, from creating 2D and 3D art and animation to engineering, porting and everything in between:
- Founded in 2014, Garage 227 Studios is an innovative Brazilian studio that now boasts a host of talented artists, programmers, and developers and has also recently expanded into the United States.
- Kokku is nearing a full decade in the games industry as the studio for external development, with a hefty resume that includes work on lauded AAA titles like Horizon: Zero Dawn and Sniper Ghost Warrior among other VR and mobile games and is staffed by industry veterans with pedigrees from major studios such as Microsoft, CAPCOM, Tencent, SEGA and THQ.
- Diorama Digital is the go-to studio for external development of 2D and 3D concept art, and since 2014 has worked on numerous large-scale titles like Just Cause 4, Overwatch, and Borderlands 3.
- PUGA Studios is a top outsourcing company for 2D and stylized 3D art, with clients in 13 countries and a resume that includes work with game studios like Gearbox, Jam City, and Kwalee.
- Manifesto Games, with almost 15 years in the industry, handles both development and operations for web and mobile titles, co-producing and developing games for Ubisoft, Bandai Namco, Disney, Sea World, and Zynga.
These companies only scratch the surface of the massive and powerful presence Brazil Games plans on bringing to the event, with many, many more studios in attendance including: Aiyra, Aoca Game Lab, Aquiris, Beta 2 Games, Black River Studios, Canvas Games, Cute Army, Diorama Digital, Electric Monkeys, Epopeia Games, GamePlan Consultants, Garage 227 Studios, Hermit Crab Game Studio, Imgnation Studios, Izyplay, Kokku, Ludact, Manifesto Games, Monster Crossing Studio, Mr. Dev Studio, Petit Fabrik, PUGA Studios, Napalm Studio, Radioativa Game Sounds, Rockgames, Skullfish Studios, Webcore Games, and Wondernaut Studio.
We’ll try and cover as many of the Gamescom 2020 events as possible. We receive several press releases now and again from PR agencies regarding Gamescom 2020, as well as from some game publishers. As they fill our inbox with news, we’ll post about it.
In the meantime, be sure to check out our game reviews in the meantime.