London, UK. – May 12, 2020 – The videogame that transformed the skateboarding world is back! The original birdman Tony Hawk, and Vicarious Visions, the studio that reinvigorated Crash with the Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy, have teamed up to bring fans remastered versions of the first two badass games in the critically-acclaimed Tony Hawk franchise — Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 1 and 2. To provide players with breathtaking gameplay experiences, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will blend all the original levels, pro-skaters, old-school tricks and more that gamers remember from the ‘90s and ‘2000s with new, beautifully recreated levels. This faithful remaster will also include blockbuster songs from the original franchise. Dropping in on September 4, 2020, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will return remastered in one awesome package for PlayStation® 4, PlayStation® 4 Pro, the family of Xbox One devices from Microsoft, including the Xbox One X, and on PC through the Epic platform.
“The original Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater series is a big factor in the evolution of modern skateboarding tricks and inspiring many of the pro skaters you know and love today,” said Tony Hawk. “I’m excited to help inspire a new generation of skateboarders and gamers – and existing fans – to grow the sport even further.”
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will also include fan-favourite features from games across the entire original franchise, including revert, lip tricks, wall plant and original multiplayer game modes, both online and for local couch play. And yes, Create-A-Park and Create-A-Skater modes are back! New to Create-A-Park this time around is a robust editor enabling new ways of customisation. Players will be able to share parks online with friends and outfit skaters with customisation options. Additionally, fans can select their favourite skaters from the complete roster of original pro talent, including
Tony Hawk, Bucky Lasek, Steve Caballero, Geoff Rowley, Andrew Reynolds, Elissa Steamer, Chad Muska, Eric Koston, Rodney Mullen, Rune Glifberg, Kareem Campbell, Jamie Thomas and Bob Burnquist. New features to the remaster include even more goals than before, added challenges to amp up gameplay and more.
“Getting the chance to bring back the original two games which had such a meaningful impact not only on gaming, but on an entire sports genre, has been an epic experience for our team, many of whom worked on the original series,” said Jen Oneal, Studio Head at Vicarious Visions. “We’re taking what you knew and loved from the original games and mixing that.
with enhanced creative tools which will allow gamers to invent brand new ways to play the game they love. We’re confident it will be the ultimate Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater experience fans have been asking for.”
To celebrate the reveal, Activision, a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI) has teamed up with JablinskiGames on YouTube starting today to provide the world’s first look at gameplay from the iconic Warehouse level. Fans can watch as Jack Black and Tony Hawk offer hilarious commentary and banter while playing the level together. Those who digitally pre-order Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 on PlayStation, Xbox or PC will receive access to the Warehouse Demo ahead of the game’s official launch. The demo will be available to download at a later date.
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 will be available worldwide as the standard edition, a digital deluxe version which includes
unique content and in-game gear, and for the ultimate fan, a collector’s edition which comes complete with the digital
deluxe content and a limited-run Birdhouse deck.
Get stoked, because the first two games in the critically acclaimed Tony Hawk™ Pro Skater™ franchise – Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ and Tony Hawk’s™ Pro Skater™ 2 – are returning fully remastered and in one awesome package. Developed by the masters of the remasters – Vicarious Visions – the games that defined a generation are back and will blend original levels, classic pro skaters, old-school tricks, iconic songs from the original franchise, and more that fans remember from the ‘90s and 2000’s with added features, HD graphics, new tricks, and iconic controls to provide players with a super awesome gameplay experience.
• HD to the Max – Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2’s amazing HD graphics allow players to pull off reverts, wall plants, lip tricks and manuals with even longer combos in brilliantly vivid detail.
• Faithful Remaster – Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 combines original levels, original pro skaters, tricks, and modes from the first two games in the franchise into one gnarly package.
• Added Features – New tricks, secrets and more to uncover will take the original games to the next level! Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 and 2 also provides loads of gameplay options with online multiplayer modes. New features to the remaster also include even more goals than before, added challenges to amp up gameplay and more.
• Sick Customisation – Create-A-Park and Create-A-Skater modes are back! But new this time around is a robust editor enabling new ways of customisation. Players will be able to share new parks online with friends, remix already published parks with their own personal flavour, and outfit skaters with tons of customisation options.
• Iconic Soundtrack – Get ready to kick, push and trick to one of the greatest videogame soundtracks ever as many iconic and fan-favourite songs from the soundtrack that defined a generation return with the new remaster.
• Killer Lineup – They’re all back! Tony Hawk, Steve Caballero, Geoff Rowley, Bucky Lasek, Elissa Steamer, Kareem Campbell, Andrew Reynolds, Bob Burnquist, Chad Muska and the rest of the pro skaters from the original two games are back and brought to life in HD detail.