Fractured State is a Real-time strategy game brought to you by GPAC Games and Mechanical Monocle set in their own world that features factions, worshipers and masters. It boasts a system that moves away from traditional RTS gameplay mechanics, such as overly complex micromanagement and mass resource gathering. Battle Maps consist of territories that must be taken in order to ensure victory.
The strategy game is currently in early access on Steam, and has just received a brand new update. The features of the update include the following:
- Each unit type has their own unique skillsets that set them apart from each other and provide many offensive and defensive strategic opportunities. To this end, each faction is comprised of vastly different unit abilities from each other making for lots of tactical scenarios players can devise.
- Joining the ranks of the Flamethrower, Conscript, Surgeon and Grenadier for the Laperian Army is the Sharpshooter. This long-range weapons specialist can deploy his rifle giving the player the ability to align shots at opposing players from a distance.
- The Children of the Ancients welcome the most zealous followers, the Fanatic, into their fold. These units posses mythical abilities that enable them to launch an astral projection into a group of enemy combatants or confuse opposing forces to turn on themselves.
- Units now space themselves out when moving and attacking
- Transport steering has been improved
- Surgeon heal amount increased from 5 to 12
- Radiance radius decreased from 25 to 12.5 to match the skill effect
- Increased Toss Canister radius from 5 to 7.5
- Added a graphical effect to the hotbar when a skill comes off cooldown
- Added a no-enter cursor for mousing over a transport with a selection of units that can’t be passengers
- Restored descriptive text for structures
- Players can now bring up structure/territory info by tapping Alt instead of having to hold it down
- Simplified structure prequisites for some units so they become available earlier in the game
If you’ve been enjoying the early access version of the game, be sure to update all these great features. It appears as if the game will remain on PC for now, but we are hoping to hear of a console release some time in the future. It’s been a good couple of years since I’ve played a RTS on console. Would be nice to get back in the saddle.
Some other great news is that you can now play the early access game at half price now! This will only be for a limited time on Steam, so make sure you grab it while it’s cut down in price. The original access prices was R100, and has been brought down to R54.40.
If you want to follow the development of this game, be sure to visit the website, the official Twitter page or the developer’s Twitter channel. Until then, here are some screenshots of the game: