Transfer software data, remap buttons, and more
The Nintendo Switch firmware has today made a big leap from Version 9.2.0 to 10.0.0. This new update, which is now live, comes with a number of new features. Just don’t get your hopes up for folders and themes.
You can now transfer software data between the system memory and the SD card (and vice versa). In addition to this, you can remap the buttons of your Switch controllers. There’s also a new bookmark feature that’s been added to the ‘News’, a new section added to ‘User Settings’, and six new Animal Crossing: New Horizons icons.
Last but not least, we have some general system stability improvements to enhance the experience. Below are the patch notes:
Ver. 10.0.0 (Released April 13, 2020)
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favourite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
To manually perform a system update, open the system settings menu, select ‘System’ and then select update. Have you installed Version 10.0.0 yet? Discovered anything else? Tell us in the comments.