creā-ture Studios has released a substantial update for the skateboarding simulation game Session on PC. The studio has also announced a partnership with independent developer iLLOGIKA to co-develop the Xbox One version of the title, expected to launch via Xbox Game Preview this spring.
Session’s hefty new update features improved physics, more fluid skater animations and enhanced responsiveness, making each trick look and feel more lifelike than ever. Other big new additions include:
- The ability to remotely connect and play games of S.K.A.T.E against other players online via Steam Remote Play Together.
- A new trick-and-control system that makes it easier than ever to pick up and play.
- Slides and grinds are now smoother and players can more easily transition from one grind/slide to another without having to “pop” into the next one.
- The return of the original creā-ture park with new obstacles and spots representative of the NYC skate scene.
- Brand-new radio stations featuring over 30 new songs and artists.
- A new level layout feature that allows players to pick and choose between an exact, real-life replica of the Brooklyn Banks or more customized versions of the iconic skate spot.
- General game enhancements that make it easier to lock into grinds and avoid bailing, a tweaked revert system that caters to each player’s preference and much more.
Inspired by the golden era of skateboarding, Session captures the free-flowing creativity, culture and madness of the sport in its purest form with realistic skate physics for a truly grounded experience. The game features true stance-stick controls in which each stick on the gamepad controls one foot to replicate the real deal and teach you to pull off tricks like an expert.
PAX East attendees can check out this new content and get some tips from the creā-ture Studios team in person – the game will be playable at the Indie Mega Booth (Booth #24028) during the show.
About creā-ture Studios
“Here at creā-ture Studios, located in the surroundings of Montreal, Canada, we try to do things differently – not because we have to, but simply because making games doesn’t seem to be what it used to. Formed by guys who got sucked into the AAA industry for probably too long, we strive at getting back to what video games are to us. More than a product, a creā-tion, the achievement of an art form envisioned into something fun and interactive! Our goal is to bring high-quality, detail-oriented, entertaining, creative and original games to niche markets and to serve them the best we can with an inspiring mindset, creating games that will meet the needs, quality standards and requirements of the people who play them. At the end of the day, it needs to be legit and fun. For more information, visit http://www.crea-turestudios.com.”