Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the latest Modern Warfare remastered. Originally launched in September 2019 by Activision, the first-person shooting game continues to deliver as season upon season reaches the PC and Consoles.
This week sees the launch of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season Three. Not only does this bring new activities to the COD: Modern Warfare brand, but COD: Warzone will also receive some new goodies.
Let’s take a look at what the new Season 3 has to offer.
Season 3 Highlights
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season Three is now available across the Modern Warfare Universe on PC and Console. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Warzone players will have access to a new season packed with free new content and experiences.
The new Season Three releases new maps, modes, weapons, Operators, Vehicle Skins, cosmetics and more. This will certainly drive the fun for both Modern Warfare and COD Warzone. To date, millions of players have delivered more than 2.4 billion hours played together in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. These figures include COD Warzone.
“When you play Modern Warfare and Warzone, you’re joining a massive community of players having fun, staying connected and playing together,” said David Stohl, Co-Studio Head, Infinity Ward. “Season Three is packed with free, new content coming to players across both Warzone and Modern Warfare. From the new maps and modes coming to core Multiplayer and the new ways to play in Warzone – including all-new Quad gameplay, this season is going to be awesome; we can’t wait for everyone to jump in and start playing.”
“Players are having fun and we’re having a blast seeing all of the incredible reactions across the community, which makes it even more exciting to bring all of the free content and new experiences that are in store for Season Three,” said Ryan Burnett, Senior Executive Producer, Raven Software. “There’s something for everyone whether it’s Modern Warfare multiplayer or all-out combat in Warzone, all play-styles are welcome.”
Modern Warfare Features
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 3 release a large variety of free new content, available across all platforms for all COD: Modern Warfare and COD: Warzone players.
There are additional challenges and playlists being released weekly. Players that own the full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will have additional access to new multiplayer maps, along with weekly playlist updates.
Here is the list of new features for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 3:
- New Multiplayer Maps:
- Talsik Backlot is a high-octane, reimagined, classic 6v6 three-lane map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. In this deserted urban area of Urzikstan, look for a mix of close quarters combat and long-range sniper duels.
- Hovec Sawmill is an all-new 6v6 map tucked away in the mountains of Kastovia. Operators will fight atop rooftops and a rolling river in three-lane firefights featuring mid-to-long-range sightlines.
- Aniyah Incursion is a 6v6 twist on the lavish, yet war-torn Aniyah Palace players have set foot in Ground War and 10v10 in Modern Warfare. Now, players can choose to take advantage of the long sightlines afforded, along with the small crawl spaces within the Palace to flank enemies.
- Coming later this season is Hardhat, an additional remastered 6v6 multiplayer map from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare along with Aisle 9, a brand new 2v2 Gunfight map.
- New Multiplayer Playlists:
- Throughout Season Three, players can also join the fight in new game modes including Gun Game Reloaded and Reinfected Ground War.
Call of Duty: Warzone Features
Free-to-play, free for everyone Call of Duty: Warzone sees its first full season of free, new content coming in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season Three. All COD: Warzone players will be able to jump into new experiences, regardless if they own COD: Modern Warfare or not. They will be able to enjoy new, free content across the massive 150-player COD: Warzone.
- Quads are now available in Battle Royale and Plunder, allowing friends to team up in a squad of four to put their teamwork to the test in a battle for all-out survival.
- Later this season additional playlists for Battle Royale and Plunder that limit the pools to specific weapon types and feature high action modes such as Scopes and Scatter Guns.
- New weapons and blueprints in Supply Boxes and Ground Loot will be introduced throughout the season, along with a robust calendar of XP events, free content, holiday celebrations and more for all players.
Call of Duty: Warzone is available for free download. The full version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is not required to play COD: Warzone.
The Battle Pass also gets a recharge with all-new Modern Warfare Season Three content. It is chock-full with 100 tiers of exciting new items and challenges to unlock and use across both COD: Modern Warfare and COD Warzone.
Continuing Call of Duty’s release of free content to the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Universe, all players will be able to earn free tiers, including free COD Points which can be used in the store or toward Battle Pass purchases. All players can also earn two new functional weapons, the hard-hitting and agile SKS marksman rifle with vast gunsmithing options and the well-rounded Renetti handgun with a variety of attachments for free just by playing.
Plus, those who purchase the Battle Pass will instantly unlock Alex, the courageous CIA Operator from the COD: Modern Warfare campaign. In COD: Modern Warfare Season Three, Lieutenant Simon “Ghost” Riley has tapped Captain Price for additional backup, bringing CIA Operative Alex back into action to Verdansk to join the fight to play across Multiplayer and COD: Warzone.
The Modern Warfare Season Three Battle Pass also includes:
- new vehicle skins,
- Riley the dog’s finishing move,
- Tomogunchi Black,
- dozens of Weapon Blueprints,
- Operator Skins,
- XP tokens,
- COD points.
Fans that want to accelerate their progress and reap the rewards faster can buy the Battle Pass bundle which includes 20 Tier Skips. Featuring shared progression, all items earned in COD: Modern Warfare will also be earned in COD: Warzone. All items earned in COD: Warzone will carry over to COD: Modern Warfare should the player decide to upgrade to the full version.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and COD: Warzone are available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. The PC version, developed in partnership with Beenox, is available exclusively on Battle.net®, Blizzard Entertainment’s online gaming platform. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and COD: Warzone are published by Activision, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) with development led by award-winning developer Infinity Ward, and Raven Software with additional development support from Activision Shanghai, Beenox, High Moon Studios and Sledgehammer Games.
Pingback: Doom Eternal Review PS4: Is It Worth Buying? – AIR Entertainment
Pingback: Call of Duty: Mobile World Championship 2020 Tournament Announced by Activision and Sony Mobile – AIR Entertainment
Pingback: How has the Gaming Industry been affected by the coronavirus? – AIR Entertainment
Pingback: Top 10 Richest Video Game Companies - AIR Entertainment