New publisher Big Sugar (formerly Digital Uppercut) is proud to share the news that a brand new all-action trailer for upcoming heavy metal adventure Valfaris has made its debut at this year’s E3 as part of the PC Gaming Show.
Watched by the assembled media at the event and by thousands of online viewers, the 60 second video offers a breakneck look at the type of brutal, over-the-top action players will be able to enjoy when Valfaris launches later this year on PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One.
Players can also sign-up for an upcoming closed beta via the Valfaris site, or try the game right now by downloading a demo from the Steam page.
Developed by Steel Mantis, a two-man dev team that previously worked together on Gothic gore fest and love-it-or-hate-it indie hit Slain: Back From Hell, Valfaris transports players to the eponymous space citadel where they must run-and-gun with extreme force to purge the evil that has corrupted it.
“Valfaris is my take on some of the games I loved playing when growing up, such as Gryzor/Contra and Turrican,” explains Andrew Gilmour, the creative driving force behind Valfaris. “Relentless action, cool environments, insane bosses, crazy weapons… those aspects have a timeless quality – they kept me hooked then and are still every bit as appealing to me today. I want to capture that special formula of classic old-school fun with Valfaris.”
In addition to showcasing the trailer, a model of one of Valfaris’ most devastating weapons, the aptly named Bringer of Mayhem, also made a cameo appearance on stage at the PC Gaming Show. Check the video below to admire the expert craftsmanship of the model in more detail, and to see the gut-rupturing gun in action, in-game:
About the game
Set in a far corner of space, Valfaris is a heavy metal infused 2D action-platformer and the next game from the team behind Slain: Back From Hell.
After mysteriously vanishing from galactic charts, the fortress of Valfaris has suddenly reappeared in the orbit of a dying sun. Once a self-contained paradise, the grandiose citadel now plays host to an ever-growing darkness. Therion, a fearless and proud son of Valfaris, returns to his home to uncover the truth of its doomed fate and to challenge the arcane evil at its very heart.
Brutal combat. Deadly enemies. Stunning pixel art. Savage soundtrack.
Get ready to rip the galaxy a new wormhole.
- Skulls in space! Gore in space! Metal in space!
- Savagely reduce foes to piles of gibs with an array of brutal weaponry
- Explore a diverse range of tainted environments as you venture ever deeper into the dark world of Valfaris
- Dominate ranks of deadly enemies and bosses, from the weird to the grotesque (and some that are just grotesquely weird)
- Gorge your eyes on devastatingly awesome pixel art hand-crafted by Andrew Gilmour
- Feel the power of a seismic soundtrack by extreme metaller and former Celtic Frost guitarist, Curt Victor Bryant
- Forged from the ground-up by the team behind cult hit Slain: Back From Hell