For those not in the know, Team Fortress 2 is a team-based first person shooter game. It has nine classes, where two teams will take up the battle to eliminate each other. It is currently free-to-play on Steam.
Over the last two days, the developer has indicated that there have been some updates for the game. The first update is the larger of the two and features some major changes, including some Christmas goodies for players. Here are the patch notes for the update:
Happy Smissmas 2018!
- All players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Stuffed Stocking as a gift! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.
- Event runs through January 7th, 2019
- Added the Winter 2018 Cosmetic Case
- Contains 18 new community-contributed items
- The Festivizer can be found as a bonus drop when opening the case
- Mann Co. Store winter sale!
- Fixed func_rotating entity not working properly in maps like 2Fort and Gravelpit
- Fixed Strange Filter: Brimstone not displaying the prefix in the weapon name
- Fixed a Mann vs. Machine bug with giant robots reported by Justin G. (sigsegv)
- Added LAN Downunder 2018 tournament medals
- Added ETF2L 6v6 Season 31 and Highlander Season 17 tournament medals
- Added Brazil Fortress Season 3 tournament medals
- Added Russian Highlander Season 1 tournament medals
- Added Sacred Scouts 6v6 tournament medals
- Added AsiaFortress Cup Season 14 tournament medals
- Added AsiaFortress LAN 2018 tournament medals
- Updated the Starstorm Slumber unusual effect to fix a display problem
- Updated the backpack image for Mr. Quackers
- Updated the localization files
- Updated pd_monster_bash
- Fixed an out-of-bounds exploit in RED’s courtyard
- Updated pl_millstone_event
- Fixed a spot where players could trap players with teleport exit
- Fixed Headless Horseman getting stuck in B area house staircase
- Updated cp_snakewater_final1
- Fixed “splash bug” issues throughout the map
- Fixed a lot of visual issues
- Improved clipping and made movement smoother
- Made fence near yard closed to projectiles
As you can see, some new major tournament medals have been added, as well as some Christmas events. The second update is smaller, and only serves to fix some issues related to the game as a result of the first update.
- Updated cp_gullywash_final1 to fix func_rotating entities not working in the skybox
- Updated some of the cosmetic items from the Winter 2018 Cosmetics Collection to fix missing styles
I’m personally installing the game myself to see if I can smash up some fun over the holiday season. I hope to see some of you out there too. Hit me up in the comments and let me know if you are a season Team Fortress 2 player.